Friday, February 22, 2013

Sausage Ratatouille Ala Crock Pot

I LOVE Ratatouille! So simple, so delicious. Ratatouille, in case you missed the movie, is a traditional French vegetable stew. This is one of my favorite comfort foods. Here is my super simple crock pot recipe for Ratatouille.

My Veg, carrots are hiding on the bottom.

Ingredients:

  • 1 lb Jimmy Dean Sage Sausage 
  • 3 bell peppers, I use yellow, orange and green.
  • 1 egg plant
  • 1 zucchini 
  • 1 yellow squash
  • 1 yellow onion (I always prefer using shallots but I can't find decent sized ones around here)
  • handful of purple fingerling potatoes or any other small potatoe 
  • 3 mushrooms
  •  3 carrots
  • 1 can peeled tomatoes, drained
  • 1 can diced garlic fire roasted tomatoes, juice and all
  • 3 cloves minced garlic
  • 2 tbs olive oil
  • 1 tsp Italian seasoning 
  • 1/2 cup water
  • salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Chop all vegetables into "bite" size pieces. Roll sausage into small meatballs. Layer vegetables and sausage meatballs in crock pot. Add spices, olive oil, canned tomatoes and water. Cook on high 3-4 hours or low for 5-6 hours.  

Delicious!







No comments:

Post a Comment