Monday, February 25, 2013

Crock Pot Honey BBQ Pulled Chicken Sliders

I am finding a new love for the crock pot. My Husband recently got out of the Marine Corps after 13 years and we are staying with my Mom and Great Grandmother until we can buy our own home. So when I cook I'm cooking for 2 kids, 4 adults while trying to take care of Little Man who will be 6 months soon. The crock pot is my friend. When I made ratatouille in the crock pot I wore Little Man in the sling while I chopped veggies until he fell asleep... Finished chopping and walked away. Awesome. What's more awesome than a crock pot? BBQ! So here's crock pot BBQ :) Enjoy! I usually make 6 chicken breasts when doing this recipe but I shortened it to 4 here because most people aren't feeding as many as I am right now. When I make 6 chicken breasts for 4 adults and 2 kids I have left overs.


Ingredients: 


  • Large package of Kings Hawiian Sweet Rolls (or two small)
  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 1/8 cup soy sauce 
  • 1/4 cup melted butter
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1/2 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce 


Directions:

Melt butter in microwave while you put your chicken into the crock pot. Mix melted butter, soy sauce, honey, and BBQ sauce in bowl then pour over chicken. Cook in crock pot on low for 5-7 hours. When chicken is done it will easily shred with a fork. I shred in crock pot and mix with sauce then scoop chicken on to a sweet roll. Simple, delicious.

Here is a pic of the sliders I made for Super Bowl this year :)


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for a great recipe. I made this for a potluck last weekend and it was a hit! My only change was to add a splash of hot sauce for a little kick but otherwise I followed it exactly. I'll be making this one again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked it and it was a hit. This is one of my favs!

      Delete
  2. I wanted to add 1/8 cup is 2 tbs. This recipe is one of my families favorites, especially my kids. I often add Siracha to step it up. I'm making this tonight actually and I added Siracha, some spicy mustard, a litte brown sugar, some onion powder, and minced garlic.

    ReplyDelete