Thursday, February 21, 2013

Guinness Shepherds Pie

I have been getting asked about some of my recipes lately so I decided I would start a blog with the recipes I like to make. Not many pics this time around but heres the scoop! Tonight I made Guinness Shepherd's Pie, super easy and everyone loved it. Here is my recipe:


Ingredients:


  • 1 lb. ground beef (or any other ground meat that fits your fancy)
  • 1 bottle of Guinness 
  • One 12oz bag of frozen veggies. I use Birds Eye steam fresh asparagus, corn and carrots mix.
  • One 14 oz can of diced garlic fire roasted tomatoes.
  •  1 box instant garlic mashed potato mix. Most boxes come with two pouches of potato mix, I use both.
  • pepper
  • garlic powder
  • shredded or sliced cheddar cheese


Preheat oven to 375F. 

Brown beef and season with pepper and garlic powder. Then add some of the Guiness. Use your own judgement as to how much. You don't want soup but some of it will cook off. I usually buy a pint, eyeball how much I use and use the rest in other recipes.  Add tomatoes and vegetables and cook 7 minutes uncovered. Make mashed potatoes . Put beef mix in glass baking dish and cover with mashed potatoes. 
Bake for 20 minutes. In the last 5 mins top with cheese, in the last 2 turn on the broiler to get a nice crust on the cheese. 


This is a great easy recipe you can make with whatever you have laying around. I didn't have enough shredded cheddar so I broke up some sliced cheddar and also used some shredded parm. You can use whatever frozen or fresh veg you have on hand. You can use Worcestershire instead of Guinness, or with.  I despise mashing potatoes but hey go for it, even better. 

Here is a pic of tonight's dinner, I wasn't planning on taking a photo so it may not look all pretty but it was AMAZING. 



  



No comments:

Post a Comment